Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Prayer of Trust

Photo taken at Oregon Coast May, 2006

MY God, Let me know and love you, so that I may find my happiness in you.

Since I cannot fully achieve this on earth, help me to improve daily until I may do so to the full.

Enable me to know you evermore on earth, so that I may know you perfectly in heaven.

Enable me to love you evermore on earth, so that I may love you perfectly in heaven.

O God of truth, grant me the happiness of heaven so that my joy may be full in accord with Your promise.

In the meantime, let my mind dwell on that happiness, my toungue speak of it, my heart pine for it, my mouth pronounce it, my soul hunger for it, my flesh thrist for it, and my entire being desire it,

until I enter through death into the joy of my Lord forever.

Saint Augustine

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A life totally immersed in God...
St Augustine, that I too may have that same desire...pray for us.

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Jesus, my Lord and Savior, take that same spear that pierced your heart, place it into your precious and holy hands and impale me with it!

Pierce my heart with your love for all creation!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter