Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Blessed Titus Brandsma

When I grow tired and weary with a day's work, I think of how fortunate I am to be able to go to work and to become tired as well. Blessed Titus reminds me of how much we could be asked to sacrifice if God deems it necessary for His heavenly purposes. I will meditate on his life while I am gone this week. Please have look at this website about Blessed Titus. We who are so fortunate to not have been asked to give our lives sometimes feel so unfortunate when there is no reason to be. I pray that I may learn much from this man.

4 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your wonderful blog: REFRESHING!

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thank God every day for the rich history that the Catholic church is able to pass down to us in the lives of the saints. I don't condemn those "store front" churches, but my heart aches for what they are so lacking within their faith.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger myosotis said...

Thanks DD for allowing us to get to know yet another servant of the Lord. I hope you're enjoying your trip!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

desert dreamer, I had heard of Blessed Titus Brandsma, but didn't know any details (thank you for the link). I would like to read more about him now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter