Sunday, August 06, 2006

HELP!

I'm not sure whether it's me or the internet but I can't seem to post anything that I write. Things just eventually lock up so I am writing this (with no problem, I might add) while I can because the last 2 posts have locked up and I haven't been able to post them for whatever reason it is...perhaps it's just blogger.

I wanted to say that we went to the east-west shrine game in Baker Oregon and rooted for both sides. My nephew was on the west coast Oregon side and a friend on the east side that played from our local school. The boys had t-shirts made up that had the east side on the back and the west side on the front. It was fun because nomatter who won, we rooted for the winning team!
The Shriners are a silly bunch, they remind me of the lodge on the Flintstones. I don't think I have ever seen so many old men running around in funny hats and go-carts and bathtubs in my life! They do a lot of good for children though, giving ALL the proceeds to the Shrine Hospital and helping children with everything from cancer and burns to circulation and small things even like hammer toes. It's good to see that silliness has a reason in life.
There was one group that even dressed like Arabians...for whatever reason. I will post photos when blogger will let me.

Everything is running great online now...I don't know why, but it is! Perhaps momentarily?

I have to say that this post, To Sleep: Perchance to dream from FMN was VERY interesting and I enjoyed it immensely.
Thank you FMN! It makes one think much on how close we really are to those that have gone on to a better life and are asking us to make our own lives holy so we too can go to a better life at the fulfillment of our time. I could ponder this for quite a few days...perhaps the rest of my life!

5 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger myosotis said...

I've had so many problems posting pictures and I know it's a - what's it called? an eel? - but anyway, a few minutes ago I used my husband's portable computer to upload the post using the 'modify html' option on the 'create' page.
It worked? So St. Gemma has finally graced my blog!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger myosotis said...

PS. Thanks DD for your very kind words...

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

ccheryl,
Tell me more about the shriners if you would. I have been to the Shrine Hospital with a friend when her daughter had a hammer toe, it took them about 10 minutes to do the minute surgery that we drove 8 hours to get to the hospital but everything was free but the drive.
While there, the daughter made friends with girls that had cancer and skin grafts and all sorts of things. I think she is still keeping up the friendships, which is a good thing.
I am amazed at all the work (even for little ol' eastern Oregon) that the Shriners do to earn money. It's pretty neat that they work so hard for something so special. The queens east and west were both patients at the hospital and one was an orphan from Guatemala that ended up losing her whole leg, they pay for the new prosthesis every 2 years and have given her 10 surgeries. The other was a girl who was hump-back and had went through 11 years of torture of the other kids teasing her. She cried like a baby in gratitued while talking about the amazing no-hump in her back. She was absolutely beautiful and I think my boys were looking a bit too hard! LOL

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

Honora and FMN,
I think these EELS have been wandering around for a few weeks because I've had more trouble than I have had accomplishments on addiing photos...I'm slow but I'm not going to give up! LOL

ccheryl,
I have decided that you're right...poor or not, I am going to continue to write...it seems to be theraputic to me in some weird way! LOL VENTING...that's what it is...I must like to VENT!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Ultreya said...

i'v had lots of your blogger eels too! kept on telling me about an HTML prob, so i just clicked the accept button, and it posted ok anyway! i think their spending so long reading our blogs they dont have time or energy to get round to keeping the site rolling smoothly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter