Saturday, July 29, 2006

Just for today

Things are good today in the countryside. It has gotten a bit cooler and everything is appreciative. I went to work today because I was with Kade yesterday or getting his medicine which took 3 hours because we drove him to our nearest town thinking the pharmacy was open and found out it wasn't so I drove him home and went back to the big town. *SIGH* I don't like the big town and don't want to go back...ever. Anyhow, it took me 3 hours to get his medicine in which time he came to and quit waving to people in a stupor of laughing gas.
He was quite comical.

Today we have stayed indoors for the most part as it is still so hot outside. I have become my mother's hair dresser and she came over and I cut her hair. Long on top short on the sides and very short in the back with a fringe along the bottom. It looked very cute on her.
I cut my own hair as well. I also perm it, color it and whatever else might be needed as I am too tight to go to the beautician and get it done! Our next door neighbor was raised near Silver City Idaho and although later they had electricity, I don't think she grew up with it so she still puts her hair up on rags each night.

My son is dating her niece, she lives with her granny part of the time. Her granny lives on a mountain near Silver City ( I have attended Mass in the Church on this page) and she has no power or refrigerator, not even hot water and have only had running water for a few years. They do have a generator and I believe they start it to wash their clothes. No radio or TV and definitely no internet. She spends her winters braiding horsehair lariats. I think I could go for that sometimes but not always. It makes for long winters when you don't have anything to watch or listen to.

The humming birds are growing in number. I think they are thinking of moving south even though it is hot now. My dad saw a king fisher today and they are a definite sign that it's going to turn cool. I wonder if it's true?

I also noticed today that the doe that kept her baby by the corn field is venturing out without her fawn now. Time is coming that they will be hiding from the hunters. I will keep my comments to myself about that for the moment, thank you! (It's the Franciscan in me)
Have a great night, I hope your Sunday is beautiful as well.
God bless!

2 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

I only saw one hummingbird in my backyard this summer, as compared to maybe fifteen or twenty last year. The red flowers are the same, so I don't understand it!

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

I think there are more here this year than most. I suppose it's because there is more moisture?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter