Thursday, September 21, 2006

A desire of mine


Have you ever wanted to see something that you know exists but have never seen nor have most people?
That would be the case with me. I have the extreme desire to see an angel or someone from the heavenly realm. Here....in this life....
some people do, I know.
I don't know why my desire is so intense at times. Perhaps this is the case with many people. I just find it fascinating to think that people see Mary, a Saint, an angel, and most importantly, Jesus on occasion.
I have a friend that lives not far away whose wife saw something one day while sitting at her breakfast table.
The sun was streaming in on her back through a window while she sat drinking a cup of coffee and going through the paper. She noticed a shadow across her paper and thought that there was someone coming up her steps to knock on the door so she turned around. To her surprise, a monk with his hood up walked through her wall and across the room, through her piano and out the opposite wall. He was standing on the ground, not on her house floor so he looked like he was sunk into the floor up to his knees.
To her it was so startling that she refused to talk about it for weeks. I suppose if you're not expecting something like that it would be startling. I wonder who it was, whether it was a time warp or a mirage of some sort or if she was allowed to see something from the past or from heaven or somewhere in between? I know she's a very level headed person and she saw something and it wasn't her imagination.
I guess I was meant to rely on my faith in God and what is not seen, but it would be wonderful, I think, to see a holy person from the heavenly realm.
How about you? Who would you like to see? What is your reason? And if you would rather "wing it" and fly alone, why? (sorry, I had to say that)
It'd be interesting to know what your thoughts are, thank you for sharing.

7 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger myosotis said...

I saw a similar image, but while I was sleeping. I saw a monk with his hood up, walk up a corridor and then down some steps. I followed him as he entered a kitched of sorts with a big fireplace in the corner. He sat on a chair next to the fireplace and slowly took his hood down. It was Padre Pio. He looked at me and smiled but didn't say anything.
But again, it was a dream...or was it?

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

oooOOOooooooh, I'm glad I asked the question. I know there are some who will say that they see angels every day but they are in human form. I want to hear (or read) the stories that say there are angels in a heavenly realm that come to visit and give us guidance.
Padre Pio is such an amazing figure. We were brought into the Church before Padre Pio was cannonized so my son chose a different saint for confirmation, Saint Raphael. Nothing wrong with him either, but Kade has always thought greatly of Padre Pio.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

What an interesting subject, and yes it certainly will be fascinating to read what others have to say.
Myself, I would love to actually 'see' Jesus, look into his eyes and see the love.
I believe angelic beings are all around us, some we can see but most we do not recognize as Angels because they look like we do. And I don't recall reading in the Bible that they have wings, however other heavenly beings do.
My dear pastor who is now deceased, asked the Lord to let him see his guardian angel. He said he did see and it frightened him. He had always visualized a sweet, loving looking angel, tenderly caring for him, but what he saw was a very tall, and stern looking one and it was actually frowning at him. My pastor was about as close to the lord as any human can get, and a very honest man and I totally believe his account.
We should always be careful what we ask for.

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger myosotis said...

Wow, Don McLean! I just love his music and was listening to it just the other day..

But seriously, that was a really important sign Honora. I suppose it has something to do with being "tuned in" in a particular way. One being I wouldn't ever want to see is the devil, but there are those who not only see him, but have been possessed by him. Padre Pio used to have furious battles with him, and would come out of his cell all beaten up. The other monks would hear two voices coming from the cell, one "supernatural" and the other, their poor, terrified brother. After Padre Pio died, Dr. Sanguinetti, the head of the medical center Padre Pio had built was possessed for a few years I believe. Even the most saintly people can be so tormented by various forms of vexation, and many saints have been.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Chris Dickson, F.L.A. said...

Only once was I given the gift of looking into the eyes of Jesus (The Crown of Thorns.)

I remember a F.I.R.E. Rally one time in Cincinnati when Father Michael Scanlan asked the audience how many people had actually met Jesus face-to-face.

After a very long pause, one hand was raised...then another...then another...until around three or four hundred people finally had their hands raised. I was overwhelmed!

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

Ok, first I have to comment on MM's comment. Yes, you have to be VERY careful what you ask for, true. I never thought a guardian angel would be kind and gentle, I always thought of them as giant sentinels that protected me from all these evil things in the spirit realm but I never thought that they would scowl, but I guess they would. It's interesting to think of isn't it?

Honora,
I've read your story before or you told me, I don't remember which and I believe that Jesus WAS present in that room and DID give your mother that message. What a special moment!

FMN, I can't imagine what Padre Pio went through, can you? It kind of makes me wonder how our guardian angels protect us so well when we go blindly around doing silly things.

Brother Lesser,
I have been to a F.I.R.E. rally and I can personally say that there are great things that happen there. I have seen the good works that happen there. You have to remember, this is the west and we are a very head-strong group of believers out here so the Holy Spirit has His work cut out for Him here...but somehow, we become faithful and free in the F.I.R.E. Rallys.
And now, I would sometime like to hear more of your experience with Jesus. you have me intrigued.

I know there are more things we can discuss here too so I'm going to be watching this post for a while.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

Oh yeah,
Honora, Don McLean eh? I saw the Oak Ridge Boys once too....do they count? LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter