Friday, July 21, 2006

CHICKENS

I awoke this morning early and sat down to watch a bit of the news. My youngest son went out to do his daily chores and so I didn't pay that much attention to the door closing when he came back in. He walked up to me and held out his hand, there sat the cutest black baby chick with a yellow spot on its head that you have ever seen! I went out with him and found the mother (she'd had her babies in the doghouse!) and we moved her to the chicken coop. 5 new babies and a few eggs that hadn't hatched yet. 2 of the chicks were black, one yellow one, one white with black spots and one yellow with light brown stripes on its back.
I am sitting here listening to our electronic thermometer, it's 8:25 a.m. and on the east side of our house it registers 100.5 degrees F. I know that is only because it's in the sun but still...
We all knew it would be hot this time of year, I suppose.
Well, I have to get going for the day. I have a house to clean and I have to go back and finish the one we were doing yesterday that had no power. It's hard to vacuum when the electricity's out!
God bless, I hope you all have a great day!

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

I have a sparrow story that I will be sharing with you soon. I can't help it, I love animals so much! They are what I would consider a little piece of heaven on earth.
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter