Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Going Native


It was hard to know how to feel. I'd never been in a battle like this. There was no dark political objective. This was not a fight for territory or riches, or to make men free. It had been fought to preserve the winter food stores, to protect the women and children. Stone Calf was a great loss, but even the old men could not remember such a one-sided victory.
I gradually began to look at it in a new way. I felt a pride I'd never felt before.
I'd never really known who John Dunbar was, perhaps the name itself had no meaning. But as I heard my Sioux name being called over and over,
I knew for the first time who I really was. --Dances with Wolves
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, you're right, I guess you have to see the movie to have it make sense. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter