Thursday, October 09, 2008

Aging...

I saw the boy that dropped me on my head in 9th grade Saturday. He looked right at me then went back to what he was doing. He looked the same but gravity had started to pull the skin on his face in a downward motion. A touch of gray in his hair made him looked distinguished. He had a good build, for a man his age. (no sarcasm here)
I couldn't remember his name and it took me until I got home to remember it. But I knew, at least, I remembered. He on the other hand didn't have a clue who I was!

I look at so many of the actors now and go, "Gosh he's handsome!" then realize that they are the age of my sons. Yes, things change so much so quickly. 
I wonder if everyone goes through the fact that their lives have slipped by and they don't even remember losing that much time in the first place?

Do I feel old enough yet?
Well, when I got up this morning I looked in the mirror. Yes, I need to color my hair. The salt-and-pepper natural tint process is not what I want but what nature has given me. Yes, I really need to color my hair. Gracefully aging? Yes, I believe it is graceful to not look like your 60 and only be 43!
I finally after all these years have found a makeup that won't break out my skin. YAY! no more pimples at 43! Now, I see the wrinkles that the pimples hid. WHOOPIE...

Babies having babies...young women having babies...

Sometimes I understand why they are the ones that have them. I would absolutely die if I had to get up every hour of the night with a sick child now. Not because I am selfish, but because my body has to have its sleep or I feel like crap for days! When I was young I could do anything and pop right out of bed! Not anymore! It has become one of my best friends!

Old...in my head, I am only 13. In my heart maybe 4 or 5. I believe it is only a perception this world puts on us that age makes a difference in our dignity. We may learn more, but we are always that little child that needs their blanket and a hug.

1 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger Ultreya said...

oh desert dreamer so glad to find you here, often check on, just to say hello. i have been doing an awful, but necessary (the money!) job and not been reading any ones blogs for months, just switching on this machine, writing on a saturday or sunday and off again, missed the whole of 2008!

come here and feel like i am reading my own writings... hair! oh yes mine is needing doing, have been trying all sorts of colors over the years, last one was too dark and now the too white is glaringly obvious! and bodys oh yes, not much flesh on mine but still heading south, some skin over my knees is scaring me with its new look and i almost think i have some jowels there either side of my chin, oh heck, need to start sleeping on my head, if it wouldnt hurt i would try it!

age... i hit 49 in july, impossible, completely, i think now, and maybe some would say about time, but now i think more ahead, i never used to, never though what will be in ten or twenty years how will i be, where will i be, my family, and now suddenly i think these things when its the worse time to do so, because the next ten or twenty will never be like the last, or will they, who knows...

long long comment sorry friend, take care, love marianxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter