Thursday, October 12, 2006

The Peace of His Presence


Deep and silent and cool as a broad, still tree-shaded river
Is the peace of thy presence, thou rest of souls.
From the thousand problems of this our hurring life
We turn, with silent joy, to plunge in thee,
To steep our souls in thy quiet depths
Where no clamour of earth disturbs our perfect content.
Thou art our home and refuge;
In thee we are safe and at peace:
Ever in the din and hurry of the world
We know that thou art near,
We know that close at hand -closer than our little life-
Floweth that silent river of thy presence and love.
In a moment we may be with thee and in thee,
In a moment, as this loud world clangs round us,
We may rest secure in the bliss of thine eternity.
John S Hayland
From the book, "Draw Me" by Carmen Rojas
Photo of Anthony Lake, Oregon

5 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

It was the first prayer I turned to last night. I Think I'm going to keep it with me in my heart for quite some time.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

Oh, what a lovely thing to read this morning, in my loud world clanging 'round me. Thank you, dd.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Chris Dickson, F.L.A. said...

This just set the stage for me, DD, to go into my quiet time...thank you!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

I'm so lucky to have you guys!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter