Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Call

Therefore, I desire that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. 1Ti 2:8

Early this morning, somewhere near 5:30 a.m. I rose from my bed with a feeling that I needed to pray. I didn't know why until I turned on the news for a brief moment before I started my prayers. THIS is what I saw on the news. A mother's children abducted by a car jacker and I realized how heart wrenching a situation would be to a mother AND the children involved.
I began praying the Rosary and as I prayed, I had only gotten through the 2nd decade and I had this warm, soothing feeling wash over me. I heard within my heart, "Don't worry about the children, they are going to be OK."

The peace that washed over me was so intense that I had a hard time staying awake to finish my Rosary. I was so soothed that afterward, I feel asleep for another hour in perfect peace.

Today at noon, I turned on the news just to get an update. THIS is what I found online. The news on television said that they were found sometime around 5:30 to 6:00 a.m.! ( There is an hour time difference between there and here as well making it an hour earlier in Washington) I would have to say that it was a prayer answered!

Now, I am not saying that you have to pray a certain way to be heard by God, but I know what I felt this morning while praying the Rosary was definitely a sign that God was listening to my prayer. When I have depression and the like, I can pray the Rosary and it lifts at times. For me, the Rosary answers many of my prayers. Some people have a terrible aversion to the Rosary, some because they've been taught it just couldn't possibly be the right way to pray and others because they were simply forced to pray it while growing up and can't find it in their heart to pray it now. Some, on the other hand, find it the answer to every prayer.
The question I raise to myself more than anyone else is, do I always answer the call to pray? Why do I sometimes NOT pray when I know that it is the answer to anything and everything?

I only want to make people aware that if they feel the need to pray, please do! Sometimes, it could divert the worst things that happen in our society. At other times, it is the answer to an illness or it may help a person make the change in their life that they've needed to do for years.
NEVER give up on what God can do, and He can do ANYTHING!
All we have to do is listen to The Call and answer it with our heart, " YES, Lord!"

3 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

desert dreamer, it seems that the more we acknowledge the spirit, live in the Spirit, pray, practise the presence of God, the more we are able to hear. The more we respond to what we hear, the more we will be used. So you hear, in the spirit, you get out of bed at 5:30 when you could be snuggling in warm blankets, and you pray. God bless you.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

You two are super special prayer people too, you know!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

And you think Love is not a prayer? I think it's the greatest prayer of all, my dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter