Sunday, October 08, 2006

Old things


I am beginning to realize that old things have passed the test of time. They are the winners, they are the ones that have the stories to tell.
It's a good thing, most of what I own are old things anymore.
Truly though, when I walk through a town such as Silver City, Idaho which is a ghost town and view bottles such as these lined up in the window, I wonder what stories they could tell if they had voices of their own. Would they have belonged to the chinamen on the mountain outside of town? Would they have been medicinal? Perhaps they were used for cooking or tossed carelessly down a well. Each one has their own story of life that has passed to tell. I just wish I could hear them speak of it.
I'm beginning to realize that it won't be long and I'll be one of those "old things too." Will I have stories to tell? Will I stand the test of time? God willing, I will have my own stories to share. I don't want them to disappear without being written or saved somewhere in my life. It would be nice to know that my great-great grandchildren have read something I wrote and know something of my life, don't you think?
I would like to ask you all to please give me a story that you cannot forget from your past. One that is joyful or sorrowful, I don't care. I only care that you would like to pass it on to someone else. When you have shared this story with me, I will then post it on my blog. These stories will then become some part of my past as well.
Now, get to thinking... I know that your stories are good ones because you all are very special people. Hopefully, there will be a few of you that will share a story (and perhaps a photo as well) with me and we will get to know everyone's past a bit better.
Please email the stories to me, if you wouldn't mind and then I will share them here.
Have a great weekend!

4 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger myosotis said...

What a great idea DD!. Will do it soon.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Gabrielle said...

It is a terrific idea, dd. I'll try to think of a little something too. In the meantime, do you all see the ghosts in the window of dd's picture, or is it just me?

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

:-O ACK! Well Gabrielle...I suppose you're right on that one! And to think, I had never ever thought I'd seen a ghost let alone photograph one!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger myosotis said...

Yeah, I see one! He looks like a white Darth Vader!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter