Saturday, August 26, 2006

Reader's Digest

My Aunt Peggy sent me home with an orange box of Reader's Digest condensed books a few weeks ago. I haven't read much of them but I am reading the Reader's Digest 30th anniversary reader, 1922-1952.
In it are so many things I would like to share but I just don't have the time to. I will occasionally post some small tidbits from it.
Here is one that I thought you might enjoy:

Through a Child's Eyes
A little scotch girl made a list of "my Twelve Loveliest Things, People not counted.
They were:
1. The scrunch of dry leaves as you walk through them
2. The feel of clean clothes
3. Water running into bath
4. The cold of ice cream
5. Cool wind on a hot day
6. Climbing up and looking back
7. Honey in your mouth
8. Smell of a drugstore
9. Hot-water bottle in bed
10. Babies smiling
11. The feeling inside when you sing
12. Baby kittens

1 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

I was first reminded of how poor Abraham Lincoln was. He slept the first few years of his life on a cot filled with fallen leaves. Only after his father married his step-mother was he more than a poor boy. It was then that he was taught to read and his step-mother allowed him to spend many hours reading. He would walk 17 miles to borrow books from a lawyer friend. And here we are today with more books than we can digest and the internet on top of that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter