Friday, July 14, 2006

Justin's Belated Graduation Party

Tomorrow, we celebrate our son Justin's graduation from Highschool. (He's in the foreground) He really graduated a year ago this past spring but he did not receive his diploma until February due to the fact that we homeschooled him and his brother Kade (background in green) all through their highschool years. I would never have done it differently...even if it took them 25 years to finish. They are the most rounded young men I have ever seen in my life. ( Of course, I am not biased at all.) But truly, they seem to be able to accomplish nearly anything they put their minds to and so far have never given me one moment of grief even when they go out somewhere with friends or girlfriends. We are very blessed to have two wonderful boys.
Oh, by the way...the middle boy is our adopted son Kyle. He stays with us much of the time but being a boy that never really knew what farm life consisted of, found our summers to be a bit too workaholic for his taste so he's stayed the last few weeks with his family after trying it out for a month. Too bad, the values of working hard are what molded my sons into what they are.
Pray for Justin, that he may keep on the "good path" and find a peaceful and enjoyable job. He is currently working 2 places, the first is a publishing company and the second is a small engine repair service (which just happens to be owned by my brother). I think his true enjoyment is the engines. He is also taking a course in motorcycle repair.

2 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

It's wonderful when your children become not just siblings but friends. We have been blessed, since ours are only 22 months apart, that they normally get along. I believe they haven't fought for nearly 3 years now! That time it was over irrigating a corn field...I think I'm glad I didn't see that conflict of interest as they came home huffing and puffing and they wouldn't speak to each other for days. They have gotten over that, now they find spare time in the evenings to go swimming in the local pond. Kade stepped on a catfish last night though, it's barb went into the bottom of his big toe and he is going to be walking with a limp for a few days. This sounds like and old wive's tale, but we soak any of our puncture wounds in kerosene. It seems to take the sting out of it and disenfects it at the same time.
Anyhow, getting back to the subject, lol... Yes, it's wonderful to have your family love one another! ;-) Thank you for posting a comment, as well. :)

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Desert Dreamer said...

Now you have me wondering...You and I should talk! heh, heh! I don't know if it can be much worse than it is here, but you never know until someone actually tells you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter