Friday, July 14, 2006

Is your pencil sharp?

Mother Teresa said, "We are all pencils in the hand of God."
I wonder if my pencil is very sharp at times...Sometimes I write good and for God, then suddenly, it's as if the lead in my being becomes brittle and snaps! Then I begin to write with jagged edges that tend to break and leave dust along the words I am writing. It eventually ends up soiling the page that God had been writing...before I took over.
Sometimes my writing becomes illegible, muddled and the words are jumbled...This is nothing new when I type or write, but in my daily path it seems to come with more frequency as I grow older...Knowing what I should do and just never quite being able to meet the need with great zeal.
The letters become fuzzy when the lead in my being becomes worn and used but never resharpened and shaped by the hand of God. (Bear in mind, that only happens when I don't allow Him to work in my life but lead my own effort in doing what I see fit instead of spending time in prayer, reading scripture, working for Him...enough said.)
I wish that I were more clear, more sharp and prominent in my thoughts and in my work. I wish that I could go back and erase what I have done in time so that it brings more glory to God...so that it shows love, concern, patience, goodness.....but there are times that I am only selfish, prideful, impatient, and conceited. (Just to name a few)
The "Good News" is that God has a good eraser....His name is Jesus Christ. He can wipe away all those mistakes, the trial-and-errors that we have had through our lives. He can take everything...EVERYTHING and make it new. If we simply give ourselves, the pencil, to Him to sharpen and allow Him to write every word instead of demanding to go out on our own and write what we feel is appropriate. It's not easy, it's not always fun, but it is always right and good. Even when we don't feel like it, His writing is always good.
He's waiting for you,...ask Him to come along for the journey.
Is your pencil sharp? If it isn't as sharp as you know it could be (and whose is?) then let His hand lead you more easily today...
He's a good writer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Counter